GIVING AT EVANGEL
Continue reading to learn more about our
online giving and text-to-give options.
Already know how it works and ready to give?
Click the GIVE NOW button.
ALL ABOUT ONLINE GIVING
Whether you are giving through our App or our Website, online giving is a convenient way to donate!
This video gives a great overview of the giving process!
Credit Card, Debit Card, or Bank Transfer (ACH)
Giving Schedule Options:
You can make a one time donation or recurring transactions that process automatically.
Process to Give Online:
- Follow Link – When you’re ready to give, simply follow the link. > Give Now
- Enter Giving Info – Enter the giving information (fund, amount and frequency) for your donation.
- Enter Email – Enter the email that’s associated with your account. If this is the first time you’ve given, enter the email you’d like linked to your giving account.
After your first donation, your giving profile will automatically be created.
- Choose Payment Method – If it’s the first time you’ve given, you’ll be prompted to enter your payment method information.
If you’ve given before, you’ll have the option to choose what method you’d like to use.
- Give! – your giving history will immediately post to your account.
Viewing your History and Updating your Profile:
- Follow Link – If you want to view your giving history, update your profile, or create an account before you give the first time, simply follow the link and
select “Login” at the top left of the page. > Give Now
- Enter your email – if you have already given or already have an account, simply type in the email associated with the account.
If you’ve never given previously, enter the email you wish to use in association with your account.
- Access your email – a login code will be sent to your email account. Access your email, and select the link that was sent to you.
It will automatically bring you to your new or existing profile page (or you’ll see a “My Profile” link at the top left of the page).
- Add/Update your information – from your profile page, you can update your personal information, payment methods, set up recurring donations,
and view your donor history and statements.
Note on Bank Transfers (ACH)
If your bank has an online Bill Payment Service, you can submit your tithes and offerings through your personal bank.
- If you use a larger bank, such as Bank of America, utilize the “Bank Login” method. Set up is as easy as logging into your bank account,
and you can instantly begin transferring money.
- If you use a smaller bank, use the “Micro-deposit verification” and follow the prompts. This set up can take a bit more time, and will take 3-5 business days
to fully process.
Micro-Deposit Verification Process Overview
Using this option, you’ll enter your bank information. Within the next 3-5 business days, you’ll receive two small deposits into your bank account from
“EVANGEL CHURCH.” Once they are received, log back into your Giving Account, select “Pay Methods”, then select “Verify Bank”, and enter those two amounts.
Once these amounts are entered, you should be set up to give!
If needed, specify “Evangel Church” as your payee, and use the following information for the payee address:
1414 E 103rd Street
Kansas City, MO 64131
Your bank will send Evangel Church the payment and we will record it towards your giving records just as if you had written the check yourself.
ALL ABOUT TEXT-TO-GIVE
Text Message Donations (Text-to-Give) is a lightning fast
way to give!
It will take you about 2 minutes to set it up and you can attach any payment method used in your normal online giving – credit/debit card, or bank account (ACH) donations.
There’s no app to download, no big set up forms, and no hoops to jump through.
Process for Text Giving:
1. Text any amount to the number 84321 – example $5 or 5. You’ll receive a text back telling you the next steps!
Note – if you have poor reception, it may take a few minutes for you to receive the text back.
2. If you’re new, you’ll have a quick set up:
- Choose “Evangel Church” as the church to give to. You’re phone should automatically pull up churches in your area; however, you must make sure your location services are on! If you can’t find Evangel Church, it’s most likely because you selected “no” to turning on your location services.
- Enter your payment method information.
- Enter your email address – if you already have a Planning Center Account at Evangel, use that same email.
3. That’s it! The next time you give, you won’t have to set things up again!
Note – Unless specified, all donations will go to the General Tithe account.
What if I want to give to a specific account such as Kingdom Builders or a special missionary?
No problem! Each giving account has a special code! The code will either be on the screen (in cases of a campus or special missionary service) OR you can get it from the business department! Contact us.
What if I make a mistake or need a refund?
No problem there either! In cases of an error there are special words you can use listed below!
“STOP” – This will immediately deactivate Text-to-Give for the sender. If you’d like, you can enroll again later.
“REFUND” – Donors can issue this command within 30 minutes of donating to initiate an automatic refund. This isn’t a cancellation, it’s an actual refund.
“MISTAKE” – Because ACH donations take so long (and can’t be refunded until they “settle” in the bank system) the normal “refund” keyword doesn’t work when donors use a bank account as their text-to-give payment method. Instead, they can use the MISTAKE keyword. This keyword will cancel the donation before it enters the banking system. When a donation is cancelled this way, it’s like it never happened.
“HELP” – This will prompt a response message back to you, the sender. If you are a Text-to-Give donor (meaning that your number is active in the system) then you’ll get a link to a help page specific to Evangel Church. This help page will show you helpful information about Text-to-Give and show the list of active funds.
What if I want to set up recurring donations or change my payment?
For both of these, you’ll want to log in to your donor profile to make adjustments or set up recurring donations.