RUN TO SERVE THE WORLD 5KSaturday, June 23, 2018
Come celebrate Independence Day with fireworks and a 5k! Each finisher received an awesome 3” medal, technical t-shirt, and a free meal voucher for the after-party! Celebrate your big finish with one of the best fireworks displays in KC! Visit evangel.church/run for more info.
Run to Serve the World 5K benefits the Center Education Foundation. The Center Education Foundation exists to enhance resources for educational success of all children in the Center School District by actively involving the entire community of students, parents, teachers, administrators, community members, & alumni. They fulfill their missions by raising funds to give grants to classroom teachers for innovative, measureable, & high impact projects with their students. Thank you for your support!
The event begins at 5pm.
The race begins at 7pm.
The fireworks begin at approximately 9:30pm.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
1/1/18 – 2/28/18 — $27
3/1/18 – 4/30/18 — $30
5/1/18 – 6/20/18 — $33
6/21/18 – 6/23/18 — $36 *only available in person at packet pick-up locations*
To register offline, download form here.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Registrations cannot be transferred to another person or year.
PACKET PICK-UP INFO
Friday (June 22) from 1-6 pm at Lee’s Summit KC Running Company store
Saturday (June 23) from 5-6:30 pm at Evangel Church Information Tent (race site)
Leawood KC Running Company (4760 W 135th Street, Leawood, KS)
Lee’s Summit KC Running Company (1555 NE Douglas Street, Lee’s Summit, MO)
Evangel Church (1414 E 103rd Street, KCMO)
Start & Finish Location: Evangel Church (1414 E 103rd Street, KCMO) at front of building under overhang.
All participants will receive a finisher’s medal at the finish line.
Awards will be given to the top overall male & female finishers and to the top three males & females in each age group listed below.
Please note: all awards will be given out at the event and will not be mailed.
14 & under
We have plenty of opportunities for volunteers who want to help with the race! Listed below are various jobs you may have as a volunteer.
Packet pick-up (give packets & shirts to participants)
Water station (fill water cups, hand water to runners, keep area clean)
Course monitor (keep traffic off of course, make sure runners stay on course, cheer on runners!)
Finish line – chip clippers (clip the timing chips off of runners’ shoes at finish line)
Finish line – water (give water to runners as they finish)
Finish line – food coupon (give free food coupon to runners as they finish)
If you’re interested in volunteering, contact us (816.942.1414 | email)!
Thanks for helping us!
Thank you to our sponsors for this year’s race!
- Will there be food and drinks at the end? Yes, we will have food and drinks for all participants at the end of the race. Water will be available at the finish line as well as a “free meal” ticket to redeem at the concession stand. There will be water along the race course as well.
- Where does the race start? The race starts and ends in the same location at the front of Evangel Church (1414 E 103rd St, KCMO – under the overhang).
- Where does the course go? The course map is available here.
- What if it rains? We will run in the rain! However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race and no refunds will be given.
- What if I am unable to attend? Can I get a refund? There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race.
- Is there a time limit?Yes – due to your safety during the fireworks display, all runners must be off the race course by 9pm (2-hour limit).
- How do I verify my registration? Verify your registration at any time here.
- Where and when is packet pickup? Packet pick-up information is posted on this page under the heading “Packet Pick-Up.” (Scroll up!)
- Where do I park on race day? There will be lots of event parking available on and around Evangel Church. Look for signs and parking attendants when you arrive.
- Will I be able to pick up my age group award on race day? All awards – overall and age group – will be given out at the event. All finishers will receive their finisher medal at the finish line. Awards will NOT be mailed.
- What if my name is spelled wrong, my age is wrong, etc.? No problem. Contact us (816-942-1414 | email) to make the necessary changes to your registration.
- I registered but can’t participate; can I still pick up my race shirt? Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib and race shirt at packet pick-up (dates and times are posted under “Packet Pick-Up” – scroll up!). Shirts will NOT be mailed.
- I won’t be able to participate. May I transfer my registration to next year or give it to a friend? No. We do not allow you to transfer your registration to next year or to another person. There will be no refunds.
- I have a friend who would like to volunteer. How can they help? We have a variety of volunteer needs at packet pick-up and on race day. Check out more info under “Volunteering” – scroll up! Please contact us to sign up (816-942-1414 | email).
- Can a friend or family member pick up my packet? Yes. Just be sure the participant knows that you have picked up their packet to reduce confusion, as we will not keep track of who picked up the packet.
- What charitable organization will my participation benefit? Proceeds will benefit the Center Education Foundation. More info about CEF is included at the top of this website. Visit centereducationfoundation.org to find out more!
- What will happen to clothing left behind on the race course? We need to clean up the course quickly after the race. Shirts that are left behind will be picked up and donated to charity.
18. Are strollers allowed? Yes! As a family-friendly event, strollers are welcome!
19. Are pets allowed? No, pets are not allowed at the event.