RUN TO SERVE THE WORLD
SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2017
Come celebrate America with fireworks and a 5K! Each finisher receives an awesome medal, technical t-shirt, and a free meal voucher for the after-party! Celebrate your big finish with one of the best fireworks displays in KC!
**IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER!!**
Scroll down to find the following information below:
Fireworks event and on-site packet pick-up will begin at 5pm.
Race will begin at 7pm.
Fireworks display will begin around 9:30pm.
**IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER!!**
thru 12/31/16 $25
1/1 – 2/28/17 $27
3/1 – 4/30/17 $30
5/1 – 6/21/17 $33
6/22 – 6/24/17 $36 (in-person registration only, available at packet pick-up locations)
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Registrations cannot be transferred to another person or year.
**CHANGE IN LOCATION**
Thursday (June 22) at Leawood KC Running Company Store only (address below) from 1-6pm.
Friday (June 23) at Lee’s Summit KC Running Company Store only (address below) from 1-6pm.
Saturday (June 24) at Evangel Church Information Tent (address below) from 5-6:30pm.
KCRC Leawood: 4760 West 135th Street
KCRC Lee’s Summit: 1555 NE Douglas Street
Evangel Church: 1414 East 103rd Street, KCMO
All participants will receive a finisher’s medal at the finish line.
Awards will be given to the top overall male & female finishers and to the top three males & females in each age group listed below. Please note: all awards will be given out at the event, and will not be mailed.
14 and under 50-59
Click here to see our course map!
We need lots of volunteers to make this race happen — everything from manning the water station on the race course to helping at the finish line! If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact Chris Buford (816.942.1414 | email).
Thank you for your willingness to help! We couldn’t do it without you!!
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be food and drinks at the end? Yes, we will have food and drinks for all participants at the end of the race. There will be water and Gatorade along the race course as well.
- Where does the race start? The race starts and ends in the same location at the front of Evangel Church (1414 E 103rd St, KCMO).
- Where does the course go? The course map is available here.
- What if it rains? We will run in the rain. However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race and no refunds will be given.
- What if I am unable to attend? Can I get a refund? There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race.
- Is there a time limit? Yes – due to your safety during the fireworks display, all runners must be off the race course by 9pm (2-hour limit).
- How do I verify my registration? Verify your registration at any time here.
- Where and when is packet pickup? Packet pick-up information is posted on this page under the heading “Packet Pick-Up.”
- Where do I park on race day? There will be lots of event parking available on and around Evangel Church. Look for signs and parking attendants when you arrive.
- Will I be able to pick up my age group award on race day? All awards – overall and age group – will be given out at the event. All finishers will get their finisher medal at the finish line of the race. Awards will NOT be mailed.
- What if my name is spelled wrong, my age is wrong, etc.? No problem! Contact Mallory (816-942-1414 | email) to make the necessary changes to your registration.
- I registered but can’t participate; can I still pick up my race shirt? Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib and race shirt at packet pick-up (dates and times are posted under “Packet Pick-Up”). Shirts will NOT be mailed.
- I won’t be able to participate. May I transfer my registration to next year or give it to a friend? No. We do not allow you to transfer your registration to next year or to another person. There will be no refunds.
- I have a friend who would like to volunteer. How can they help? We have a variety of volunteer needs at packet pick-up and on race day. Please contact Chris (816-942-1414 | email) to get signed up to help!
- Can a friend or family member pick up my packet? Yes. Just be sure to let the participant know that you have picked up their packet to reduce confusion, as we will not keep track of who picked up the packet.
- What charitable organization will my participation benefit? Proceeds will benefit local non-profits and ministries including the Center Education Foundation.
- What will happen to clothing left behind on the race course? We need to clean up the course quickly after the race. Shirts that are left behind will be picked up and donated to charity.
- Are pets allowed? No, pets are not allowed at the event.
- Are strollers allowed? Strollers are not allowed on the race course; however, they are welcome at the Fireworks event!
For any other questions you may have, please contact Chris (816-942-1414 | email).